Wednesday, May 25, 2011

More Game Table Nonsense

Well, I'm almost finished with the construction of my game table. My buddy from work came over last night and brought the re-cut legs with him. With screwdriver in hand, we got to work putting the legs back on the table.
We flipped the table over and surveyed the results: the table works! there's still a little bit of wobble, but nothing that would be too distracting from using it as a game table.

Being the perfectionist that I am, I'm still going to add some additional support braces to the table legs, and maybe some vinyl edging  to the table top to help round out the project. I'll be taking some photos to include with post, and will add them at a later date.

Here's a shot of Drew's Game on the new table:


All Hail the Golden Fisters!



I plan on having a friend of mine run his Swords & Wizardry game over the weekend, and we'll run the table through its paces with his game group and see how it holds up to the rigors of a riotous game group, spilled drinks and pizza stains- it should be good fun nonetheless!

Addendum: With the addition of the support bracers for the legs, the table held up quite nicely against the game group and everyone had a great time.  I guess the table works!  - Now to start running some games of my own!

1 comment: