Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Game Table II

The progress on the game table is going well. My friend from work came over this weekend with his woodworking tools and we got to work on constructing the table. I'll have to admit that even though I'm not much of a craftsman, I enjoyed working with the wood- measuring, cutting, sanding and fitting all the pieces together gave me a sense of satisfaction of knowing that I could do such a thing...and  a sense of accomplishment that I wouldn't have had if I had just purchased the table from a retailer.

Being that I constructed the table from scratch and never having created one before, there were bound to be some mistakes and some rough edges so to speak. My wife says that the table rests a little bit high for her tastes, and that it has a little bit of a wobble- but other than that, she thinks the table is great. So I guess my current objective for the game table is to shorten it a smidge, and add some additional support bracers for the legs to help eliminate some of the wobble.

I'll see if I can elist my friend's aid again, and hopefully by the end of the month I'll have a table worthy of gaming.

No comments:

Post a Comment